Vegan chocolate chip cookies
Okay, so lets face it; I’m a sucker for cookies, and one of my absolute favorites right now is chocolate chip cookies. Or well, all cookie dough cookies. Even though I love to experiment with different recipes this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe is one I never grow tired of.
These cookies tastes amazing. They have a hard shell and a soft inside (just make sure you don’t leave them in the oven for too long or they’ll just come out super hard). Sometimes I crave something extra chocolaty, those days i make the cookies chocolate filled, like I did with most of the cookies for this batch.
Milk and cookies
It took me a while to really appreciate the milk and cookies thing, I’ve never really liked to dip hard sweets or food in any liquid at all so it never even occurred to me that I might like to dip the cookies in milk (plant based of coourse). This was the first time I even tried it, and oh my how surprised I was when I didn’t like, but love it!
I can’t wait to try my chocolate chip chocolate cookie with milk. I can only imagine how good it must me with all that chocolate dipped in milk.
- 140 g plant based butter
- 2/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2,5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g chocolate or chocolate chips
- 50 g chocolate
- 25 g plant based butter
- 2 tbs plant based cream
- Melt 50 g chocolate, 25 g butter and 2 tbs cream in a pot, mix until well blended.
- Pour into small baking molds or silicone molds and put into fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Mix butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Sift in the flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder and mix.
- Add the chocolate ships or chopped chocolate.
- Roll the dough into balls, if you’re baking chocolate filled cookies, bring out the hardened chocolate from the fridge and put a piece of chocolate in the middle of the dough ball.
- Put the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten the balls a bit.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until the edges starts turning brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack for a while before eating.
Substitution Note: Vanilla sugar may be substituted with vanilla extract. 1 tsp vanilla sugar = 0,25-0,5 tsp vanilla extract.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment and rate the recipe to help others find the right one! I love to see your results on my recipes, so if you post an image on instagram, don’t forget to use the hashtag #wonderveganrecipe and tag me @wondervegan so I can check it out.