Delicious snickers balls
By now I think most of you know I have a weak spot for chocolate? Maybe you even know how much I like snickers bites? I could eat them a whole evening ads still crave more in the morning. But, sometimes we all need some variation, so why not make snickers balls that feels a bit more luxurious than the basic snickers bites?
These snickers balls are just as appreciated as the basic recipe for snickers bites but they feel a bit more luxurious.
In this, and a lot of other recipes, I use Scandinavian syrup witch I’ve come to realize is kind of hard to find in other places in the world. The Scandinavian syrups are processed from sugar beets rather than corn that the American syrups are precessed from. The Scandinavian dark syrup is a bit sweeter and less bitter than American light molasses, but I’ve read that the taste is close enough to work as a substitut for Scandinavian dark syrup. Another option is to mix Lyle’s dark treacle syrup with Lyle’s golden syrup.
The light Scandinavian syrup seems to be harder to replace. It has a distinctive flavor of brown sugar and is fairly thin. You can however purchase it from sites like Marina Market and on Amazon and I would highly recommend it. It really works wonders!
- 100 ml scandinavian syrup
- 150 ml peanut butter
- 50 ml granulated sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 200 ml cornflakes
- 50 ml coconut flakes
- 1.5 tbs wheat flour
- 150 g vegan chocolate
- optional: sea salt
- Pour syrup, peanut butter and sugar in a pot. Heat it up and stir until well blended and the sugar has melted.
- Put all of the other ingredients except the chocolate in a bowl and crush the cornflakes. If you want smoother balls use a mixer instead of just crushing the cornflakes.
- Let the peanut butter cool down a bit, then mix it with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Roll balls in desired size and put in the fridge to harden.
- Melt the chocolate over water bath, then roll the balls in the chocolate or pour the chocolate over the balls. Sprinkle some sea salt over the chocolate covered snickers balls.
- Put in the fridge again and let the chocolate harden.
Eat right away or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment and rate the recipe to help others find the right one! I love to see your results on my recipes, so if you post an image on instagram, don’t forget to use the hashtag #wonderveganrecipe and tag me @wondervegan so I can check it out.