Vegan, creamy mushroom risotto
A creamy risotto is fast and easy to make, it tastes amazing and keeps you full for hours. But sometimes I feel like the risotto itself isn’t a complete dish, those days it’s perfekt to put the risotto into peppers and put in the oven for a few minutes. Down below you’ll find one of my favorite recipes when it comes to risotto, a creamy risotto with champignons.
Perfect for both the everyday dinner and more elegant events
Are you having your friends or family over for dinner but aren’t sure what to cook? Do you feel like a plain risotto is a bit boring? Then this recipe is perfekt for you! To fill peppers with this creamy, tasty risotto gives you more color to the dish and also makes it look like you’ve put in a lot more effort to it.
- 450 ml carnaroli rice
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 cube mushroom bouillon
- 400 ml white wine
- 2 challots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 champignons
- 4-6 large peppers
- 600-800 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 390°F
- Chop the challots and the garlig and fry in a large pot til the challots get some color.
- Chop the mushroom and fry with the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, boullion, rice and 400ml water.
- Let everything boil on low to medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir often and add more water if it starts to look dry.
- Cut the top of the pepper and remove the core.
- Fill the peppers with risotto and put in the oven for 10 minutes or til the peppers have som color.
- Let the peppers chill for a few minutes and serve with a sallad.