The best vegan carbonara
I love a good challenge, and I also love a good carbonara. Of course I decided to combine the two and made a vegan carbonara the order day.
As most of you may know pasta is probably the one thing I eat more than anything else. For me it’s perfect since it’s often ready to eat in less than 30 minutes and you can vary it in so many ways! This carbonara is smoky, creamy and full of pepper, everything I want a carbonara to be.
One pasta for every day
I think that I for real could eat pasta every damn day without even thinking twice about it. Well, no i don’t do that, cause sometimes we simply need a pizza or some potatoes. Or maybe just a fresh sallad.
- 100 g sun dried tomatoes the dry ones, not those in oil
- 300 ml soy cream I used one from Alpro
- 200 ml oat milk or other plant based milk
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 0,5-1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 dl shredded vegan parmesan
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Slice the sun dried tomatoes to smaller pieces.
- Mix the sun dried tomatoes with the liquid smoke and set aside to absorb the flavors.
Shred the parmesan. (I used this one from VioLife)
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry in a pot until golden brown.
- Sprinkle over the flour and let it cook with the onion for about a minute.
- Whisk in the soy cream, milk, pepper after taste and parmesan and cook for about 5 minutes until thickened*.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and let the sauce cook for another minute.
- Serve with the pasta and top with fresh basil.
*If the sauce gets too thick just att some more milk.