Ready to eat in 15 minutes!
We all have those days when we just want the dinner to be ready pretty much the same minute we start cooking, right? I, however, do not want that to affect the quality and taste of the food. This pasta with avocado and pesto is really easy to make and you can pretty much finish the sauce when you wait for the pasta to be ready. Yes, it’s that fast. And it tastes soo good too!
The avocado makes this pasta really creamy and keeps you full for quite some time. As some of you might know, I’m a big fan of pasta, and a even bigger fan of food that both tastes good and is easy to make. Food you can cook when you get home from work and just want something right away. This pasta is perfect for days like that.
Some of the health benefits the avocado can provide
Avocado is filled with vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin B5, Vitamin K, vitamin E and folate just to mention some of them. The avocado has about 7% fiber which is great for the metabolic health and studies have proven that avocado can help lowering cholesterol and triglyceride. Not only do avocados increase antioxidant absorption from other foods, they are also high in antioxidants themselves. It’s safe to say that avocados are awesome!
Before I started eating vegan food I almost never used avocados for others than to have on a sandwich or eat just as they are. I’m so happy that I’ve found so many new ways to use the avocado in food.
- 400 g pasta of choice
- 2 ripe avocados
- 0,75 cup cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 g frozen basil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 200 g Cherry tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Lime juice
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the package.
- Mix the cashews into a smooth cream.
- Peel and press the garlic.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the core and scoop the avocado with a spoon.
- Add the basil, avocado, garlic and lime juice to the mixer and mix into a smooth cream.
- Steam or parboil the tomatoes and peas.
- Roast the pine nuts in a dry pan for a couple of minutes.
- When the pasta is ready pour off the boiling water and rinse with fresh water.
- Combine the pasta with the avocado cream.
- Serve in a bowl and top with tomatoes, peas and the roasted pine nuts.