Creamy pasta with chanterelles
I can’t get enough of those creamy and tasty pasta sauces and I really love to experiment with seasonal fruits and vegetables. Now, when the chanterelle season has started, I wanted to make a pastas sauce perfekt for the autumn. I also had some fresh herbs at home that I wanted to use, so I gave the sauce some extra flavor with parsley which proved to be a great combination.
Perfect recipes for the autumn
Autumn is approaching and it is time to make use of the edible gold of the forest. Last week I asked my followers on Instagram (You’ll find my account here, make sure to follow me to get updates when there are new recipes here) what vegan recipes they wanted me to come up with and what kind of food they prefer to eat during the autumn and winter and one of the wishes was a mushroom pasta sauce. Of course, I honor your wishes and here’s a recipe for a creamy pasta sauce with chanterelles and parsley, that happens to be a fantastic combination!
There were also a lot of my followers who wanted different recipes for pumpkin, so as soon as the pumpkins in Stockholm are ripe I’ll make some really good recipes with pumpkin, make sure to check in so you don’t miss out!
- 200 g pasta of your choice
- 200 g chanterelles
- 400 ml soy cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 50 g fresh spinach
- 0.5 pot parsley
- 200 ml vegan parmesan I used a parmesan from Violife
- the juice from half a lemon *
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the package.
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry until the onion is soft.
- Rinse and cut the chanterelles into smaller pieces and fry with the onion until most of the liquid is gone.
- Shred the parmesan and chop the parsley.
- Add cream, parsley, parmesan and lemon to the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Taste with salt and pepper
- Serve directly and top with a little parmesan.
*If your lemon is very sour, start with a bit less and add more if needed.