Vegan gingerbread cupcakes
Gingerbread cupcakes, how amazing does that sound!? One of the things I’m longing for the most around Christmas is gingerbread, it’s one of my absolute favorite tastes and I could totally eat it all year. This yeas my cravings grew way too strong way too early, so i decided to bake all kinds of Christmas pastries this year, first out are these gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Cupcakes are one of my go-to pastries when I want something fast and delicious, so of course I had to make a gingerbread cupcake. This recipe is super simple with common ingredients and easy enough for anyone to make. Lets enjoy a gingerbread cupcake with cream cheese frosting!
Christmas all year
For all of you who doesn’t want to leave Christmas behind but feel it’s time to cut down on the gingerbread, these cupcakes are perfect! Cause everyone knows that muffins are socially accepted to eat all year long, right!? And you can’t really balme someone for using gingerbread spices in cupcakes.
In addition to these super delicious gingerbread cupcakes, I have planned to make saffron buns (obviously), saffron mud cake, Christmas candy and a plain moist gingerbread cake.
- 75 g plant based butter
- 125 ml granulated sugar
- 150 ml plant based milk I used oat milk
- 175 ml flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tbs vanilla powder
- 1 tbs minced cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- 0.5 tsp minced carnation
- 200 g plant based cream cheese
- 75 g room-tempered plant based butter
- 200 ml icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Mix the milk and lemon juice and set aside for the milk to sour.
- Melt the butter and whisk together with the sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the milk and stir.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into lined muffin tray (about 3/4), if you have one, use a muffin tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- While the muffin cools, prepare the frosting.
- Whisk the cream cheese and butter into a fluffy batter.
- Gently fold in the icing. If you stir in the frosting might get too loose.
- When the muffin has cooled completely, spread them with frosting.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment and rate the recipe to help others find the right one! I love to see your results on my recipes, so if you post an image on instagram, don’t forget to use the hashtag #wonderveganrecipe and tag me @wondervegan so I can check it out.