Vegan apple, cinnamon pie
I’ll continue the apple, cinnamon theme after the last chia pudding recipe. This time I made a super simple, absolutely delicious apple pie. It’s so easy to make and takes no time at all, perfect for all of you bussy people who want a good dessert but don’t have a lot of time. This apple pie is pretty much a pie crust and apples and it’s so good!
As you may know I really like to use the fruits and vegetables of the season, so right now there are so many things I wanna do with all of the apples from my (and my neighbours) garden.
Makes the perfect autumn dessert
This apple pie is perfect to have as a dessert or when you crave something sweet in the evening. I love to eat it with vanilla cream or whipped soy cream, but it’s really good to eat just as it is. The apples combined with the cinnamon makes it a perfect taste for autumn.
- 2,5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g plant based butter
- 6-8 tbsp plant based milk I used oat milk
- 3-4 medium sized apples
- 1 dl granulated sugar
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and butter in a bowl until combined.
- Add the plant based milk and knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Line a pie plate with dough and let it rest in the fridge while you prepare the apples.
- Cut the apples to smaller pieces and an put in a bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir until the apples are covered in sugar.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Add the apples to the crust. Roll the remaining dough and cover the pie as decoration.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla cream or whipped soy cream.